Community Habilitation Specialist for Self-Direction
AIM Services, Inc. is currently hiring for Community Habilitation Specialists for the Capital District region in the Self-Direction program. As a Community Habilitation Specialist you will be responsible for providing support and care to a person with special needs one on one in the community. This position starts off as Per Diem with the potential to become full time.
- Assisting an individual with developmental disabilities to promote their independence in their community and at home
- Carry out specific tasks outlined in the individuals service plans
- Provide safe one on one supervision and support in the home and community
- Communicate with the individual and family and adhere to a schedule based on the individuals needs
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms
- Activities would include but, not limited to; attending community events, assist with cooking skills, money skills, life skills, promoting healthy lifestyle all while encouraging and supporting independence
- Reliable transportation and valid NY State Drivers license is a must
- Must be willing to transport individual in personal vehicle
- Schedule will vary depending on individuals needs
- High School Diploma/ GED preferred
This Community Habilitation Specialist position has flexible days/hours. Help someone with intellectual or developmental disabilities learn new skills, access their community, and give their family members a much needed break! Make a difference in the life of someone with special needs by helping them reach their true potential!
If you are interested in being considered for any of the above-listed positions and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to: