Direct Support Professional
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides care and support to individuals with disabilities. The DSP will implement each individual’s personal plan of care which may include activities of daily living, such as: bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding and assisting with transportation. The DSP will possess a professional, patient (tolerant) understanding manner and work to maintain a calm, kind, caring and safe environment for the individuals we serve in their home and the community.
- High School Diploma/GED
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- AMAP Certification (training provided)
- SCIP Certification (training provided)
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards/depending on program needs. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
- Lifting/transferring – individuals/items of various weights – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Reading / Math skills at a level to perform job duties (read-implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services
- Exposure/ability to safely use household chemicals.
No Experience Necessary!
If you are interested in being considered for any of the above-listed positions and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to: