The After School Recreation Support Professional will provide After School Recreational Respite Support Services to school-aged children. The After School Recreation Support Professional will help the students to develop skills and socialization with peers to be successful in their futures. After School Recreation Support Professionals will work with a new After School Program and gather appropriate data to best support the individuals served. In addition, the After School Recreation Support Professionals will assure compliance with established provisions of quality person centered services.
Program: Community Services
Location: Saratoga County
Type: Full-Time or Part-Time, flexibility required.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred; background experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: