The Assistant Manager of Day Habilitation Without Walls will assist in the day to day operations of the Day Hab WOW program. They will assist the Day Hab Manager with oversight of the Direct Support Professionals (DSP), providing training and ensuring program requirements are implemented. The Assistant Manager of Day Hab Without Walls will support each person in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. They will demonstrate a professional demeanor through the adoption and implementation of the Core Competencies and Code of Ethics.
Program: Community Services
Location: Saratoga County
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Three (3) years experience working in the field of Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), or related field.
- At least one (1) year Managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of program specific regulations.
- Willingness to maintain a 40 hour/week flexible schedule.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency insurance standards (Current/ Valid Insurance card if using own vehicle).
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliable decision making with demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- Adherence to Agency policies, including Attendance Policy.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866