The Behavioral Health Specialist – Community Level 1, as part of the individual’s team, will identify triages and manage individuals with behavioral health problems with the goal of maximizing their independence and quality of life. In addition, the Behavioral Health Specialist – Community Level 1 will provide positive interactions, interventions, and skills training with a person-centered approach. The Behavioral Health Specialist – Community Level 1 will develop person-centered behavioral plans, work with staff families through Intensive Behavioral Respite, Intensive Respite, In-home Behavioral Services through Family Support Services (FSS), Supportive Employment, Day Programs, and other community service behavioral needs. The Behavioral Health Specialist -Community Level 1 will provide behavioral health protocols, skills, and promote positive behavioral outcomes that enhance the individuals’ quality of life and achieving their personal outcomes.
Program: Behavioral Health
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt – Flexibility in schedule required.
- Must have either a Master’s Degree in Behavior Analysis, Mental Health Counseling, and/or a closely related field to Clinical or Community Psychology approved by Offfice for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and accredited by the NYS Education Department, a National Board Certification in Behavior Analysis (BCBA); OR have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field while having provided behavioral services for an agency under OPWDD system continuously since December 2012 AND is actively working towards a Master’s Degree in an applied area of Psychology, Social Work, or Special Education.
- If obtained outside the USA it must meet independent verification of equivalency from approved entities used by the NYS Dept of Civil Services. Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, including the devising, implementation and monitoring of behavioral support plans, and/or working closely with others who provide the implementation of behavior support plans.
- A clear understanding of applied behavior analysis.
- Experienced/knowledgeable in performing a functional assessment and/or analysis under OPWDD regulations.
- Background in positive supports (PROMOTE) and behavioral analytic medications preferred.
- Knowledge of Community-based behavioral services and their regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making.
- Flexibility of schedule to meet job duties/individual needs.
- Knowledge and application of Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) as appropriate.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
How to Apply: If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866