The Behavioral Intervention Specialist, as part of the individual’s team, will identify triages and manage individuals with behavioral health problems with the goal of maximizing their independence and quality of life. In addition, the Behavioral Intervention Specialist will provide positive interactions, interventions, and skills training with a person-centered approach. The Behavioral Intervention Specialist will develop person-centered behavioral plans and behavioral health protocols, skills, and promote positive behavioral outcomes that enhance the individuals’ quality of life and achieving their personal outcomes.
Program: Behavioral Health
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt – Flexibility in schedule required.
- Must have a Master’s Degree from a program in a clinical and/or treatment field of psychology and have had documented training in assessment techniques and behavioral support plan development. The Master’s Degree must be from an accredited college or university or recognized by the NYS Education Department.
- If obtained outside the USA it must meet independent verification of equivalency from approved entities used by the NYS Department of Civil Services. Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, including the devising, implementation and monitoring of behavioral support plans, and/or working closely with others who provide the implementation of behavior support plans.
- Management/supervisory experience required.
- A clear understanding of applied behavior analysis.
- Experienced/knowledgeable in performing a functional assessment and/or analysis under OPWDD regulations.
- Background in positive supports (PROMOTE) and behavioral analytic medications preferred.
- Knowledge of IRA behavior regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making.
- Flexibility of schedule to meet job duties/individual needs.
- Knowledge and application of Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) as appropriate.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
How to Apply: If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: