The Community Habilitation & Respite Coordinator will assist with development, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of Home Based Services to include: OPWDD Respite, Community Habilitation, and Group Respite programs. The Community Habilitation & Respite Coordinator will ensure that the staff are working with the person and the circle of support to assist the individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential. The Community Habilitation & Respite Coordinator will supervise staff within the Community Services Programs. The Community Habilitation & Respite Coordinator will provide training, evaluations, and implementation of services of the home based training plans as developed by the individual and their team. The Community Habilitation & Respite Coordinator will assist with routine contact with people supported as well as family to discuss and evaluate service plans and to address any concerns or issues, and will participate in Individualized Service Plan (ISP) meetings as assigned to continue to ensure a person centered approach.
Program: Community Habilitation & Respite
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services preferred; appropriate background and experience considered.
- One (1) year of experience working in the field of developmental disabilities.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver Program.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License; ability to travel to multiple sites in the provision/coordination of services.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, reliability in decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
How to Apply: If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866