The Community Services Coordinator will assist with development, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of Home Based Services to include: OPWDD Respite, Community Habilitation, and Group Respite programs. The Community Services Coordinator will ensure that the staff are working with the person and the circle of support to assist the individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential. The Community Services Coordinator will supervise staff within the Community Services Programs. The Community Services Coordinator will provide training, evaluations, and implementation of services of the home based training plans as developed by the individual and their team.
Program: Community Services
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services preferred; appropriate background and experience considered.
- One (1) year of experience working in the field of developmental disabilities.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver Program.
- Flexibility of schedule to meet job duties and needs of the people supported.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License; ability to travel to multiple sites in the provision/coordination of services.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, reliability in decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: