The Direct Support Professional – Community Habilitation will provide services to assist the individual to live successfully in the community. The DSP will help the individuals develop skills, habits, and attitudes essential for successful community integration while providing respite to the primary care and support providers. The DSP for Community Habilitation will work with an established Community Habilitation Plan and gather appropriate data to facilitate necessary changes. In addition the DSP will assure compliance with established Protective Oversight Plans and ensure the provision of quality person centered services.
Program: Community Services
Location: Saratoga, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, Mechanicville
Type: Full-time, Part-time, Per Diem
- High School Diploma/GED plus two (2) years experience working with individuals with disabilities OR Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with one (1) year experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License with proof of valid vehicle registration and car insurance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: