This is a Direct Support Professional Position with an emphasis on Mental Health Support. The Direct Support Mental Health Professional (DSPMH) provides mental health, medical, and overall support to people of diverse abilities, including those diagnosed with a mental health illness as well as developmental and intellectual disabilities.
The Direct Support Mental Health Professional will assist each individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, coordinating mental health needs and appointments, utilizing acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth, teaching coping mechanisms, and encouraging personal choice. The DSPMH will implement each individual’s personal plan of care, which may include activities of daily living, mental health coordination, the use of interventions, psycho education on behavior support planning and coping skills, assisting with transportation to appointments, working with providers (psychiatrists, NP, PCP, therapists, etc.) on baseline and current functioning levels. The DSPMH will possess a professional, patient (tolerant) understanding manner, must have active listening abilities, and work to maintain a calm, kind, caring and safe environment for the individuals we serve in their home and the community.
Location: Saratoga County
Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
- High School Diploma/GED preferred; background experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866