The Direct Support Professional (DSP) – Infinity Day Habilitation will be part of a team providing person-centered support to people with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities enrolled in the Infinity Day Habilitation Program. The DSP will assist each individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. The DSP will demonstrate a professional demeanor through the adoption and implementation of the DSP Core Competencies and Code of Ethics. Experience for this position is necessary, and all required trainings are provided.
Program: Community Services
Location: Saratoga County
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- One (1) year experience working in the field of Intellectual Disabilities and/or Developmental Disabilities, or related field.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866