The Direct Support Professional (DSP) will be part of a team providing care & companionship for people with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities.
The DSP will assist each person in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice.
Each DSP job role is unique, because we match interests to find the best fit for the people we serve.
Location: Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties (Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, South Glens Falls, Queensbury, Mechanicville, Gansevoort, and Galway)
Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, and Seasonal positions available
Starting payrate is $15.25 an hour, plus more with experience and education.
$1.00 an hour differential for any weekend hours or overnight hours worked.
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full-Time DSPs!
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely use household chemicals.
Here is what we can offer you!
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification
- Program-specific paid training and mentorship with growth and advancement opportunities including Managerial and Director level positions.
- Generous paid time off (up to four weeks after your first year) and 40 hours after your first 90 days.
- Board approved Tuition reimbursements.
- Extraordinary benefits (medical, vision, and dental) with no upfront medical costs.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program and potential to earn up to $365.00 in gift cards every year through our Wellness Program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: