The Director of Behavioral Health Services is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing all behavioral services provided by AIM Services, Inc. The Director will be responsible for hiring and training sufficient behavioral support staff to provide system-wide person centered provision of behavioral health services. The Director will assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of processes that affect AIM Services, Inc.’s performance related to financial, utilization, cost/productivity, clinical performance, safety and individual/employee satisfaction.
The Director of Behavioral Health Services will work in concert with the Director of Nursing to assure effective coordination of psychiatric medication management is in place for all individuals receiving such services and that those services are considerate of current medical conditions and medications.
The Director of Behavioral Health Services will work in concert with the Associate Executive Director in screening individuals for appropriate placement in AIM Services, Inc.’s residential programs.
The Director will collaborate with other organizations for purposes of providing counseling and psychological services, emergency psychiatric services, and START program coordination.
The Director of Behavioral Health Services will assure that all individuals with behavioral acute challenges are triaged and supported with the goal of maximizing their independence and quality of life. In addition, the Director of Behavioral Health Services will assure and provide positive interactions/interventions and skills training.
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Exempt, Flexibility in schedule required
- Master’s Degree from a program in a Clinical and/or treatment field of Psychology required with documented training in assessment techniques and behavioral support plan development. The Master’s Degree must be from an accredited College or University, or recognized by the NYS Education Dept. If obtained outside the USA it must meet independent verification of equivalency from approved entities used by the NYS Dept of Civil Services. Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience working directly with people with developmental disabilities, including the devising, implementation and monitoring of behavioral support plans, and or providing supervision and training to others in the implementation of behavior support plans.
- Two (2) years of Management/Supervisory experience required.
- Background in positive supports, Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP-R), and behavioral analytics preferred.
- Knowledge of Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) / Department of Health (DOH) Agency related behavior regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making.
- Abilities to interact with persons served, and in the course of instruction may involve SCIP (or PROMOTE) techniques.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of persons served, working in a team approach as appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Adherence to Agency policies including attendance.
- Comfort with dealing with sexual social issues.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866