The Direct Support Professional (DSP) – Summer Recreation will be part of a team providing person-centered support to children and teens with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities enrolled in the Summer Recreation Program. This is a summer position, and is Seasonal Full Time from end of May through end of August. The DSP will support participation in several outdoor activities in the community to promote a social atmosphere and friendships. Activities include, but are not limited to; county fairs, amusement parks, water parks, outdoor concerts, sports games, hiking, swimming, etc. The DSP will assist each individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. The DSP will demonstrate a professional demeanor through the adoption and implementation of the DSP Core Competencies and Code of Ethics. No experience is necessary, and all required trainings are provided.
Location: Saratoga, Warren, and Washington County
Type: Seasonal Full Time (end of May through end of August), Non-Exempt
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
Salary: $12+/hour – depending on experience.
How to Apply: If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866