The Lead Start Up Self Direction Coordinator (SDC) will be the primary contact person/support for all start up Fiscal Intermediary (FI) related matters. The Lead Start up SDC will act as a point person for the SDCs and individuals/advocates receiving services. They will maintain independent broker records and assist with processing broker billing in addition to supporting the SDCs and the start up team. The Lead Self Direction Coordinator will assist the start up team with setting up and maintaining individual financial accounts for each participant based on the approved Self Direction Plan/Budget. The Lead SDC will be responsible for attending any Self Direction participant’s launch or Life Plan meetings as needed to assist the start up team.
The Lead SDC will support the SD Coordinators in understanding all AIM Self Direction policies and procedures and assist in obtaining all required waiver documentation. The Lead SDC will ensure the SD Coordinators provide the Self Direction participant with copies of all written policies and procedures. The Lead SDC will assist with any part of the start up process; staff onboarding, broker onboarding, intake sessions, budget review and launches.
Program: Self Direction
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time with flexibility in working hours required.
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with two (2) years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred; OR High School Diploma/GED with four (4) years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred and one (1) year as a Fiscal Intermediary Coordinator.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, reliability in decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
- Complete the Broker Training Institute (BTI) and any supplemental trainings when offered.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: