The Lead Self Direction Coordinator (SDC) will be the primary contact person/support for all FI related matters. The Lead SDC will act as a point person for the SDCs and individuals/advocates receiving services. They will maintain a small independent caseload in addition to supporting the FIs. The Lead Self Direction Coordinator will assist the SD Coordinators with setting up and maintaining individual financial accounts for each participant based on the approved Self Direction Plan/Budget. The Lead SDC will be responsible for attending any Self Direction participant’s launch or Life Plan meetings as needed to assist the SD Coordinator with reviewing the supports and services authorized by the Self Direction Plan/Budget.
The Lead SDC will support the SD Coordinators in understanding all AIM Self Direction policies and procedures and assist in obtaining all required waiver documentation. The Lead SDC will ensure the SD Coordinators provide the Self Direction participant with copies of all written policies and procedures. The Lead SDC will assist with ensuring the SD Coordinators maintain documents for each Self Direction participant including, but not limited to, a current approved Life Plan outlining the services and supports provided by AIM Services Inc, a current signed Staff Action Plan, any necessary reimbursement budget attachments, Monthly Expenditures and Self Direction Monthly Summary Notes.
Program: Self Direction
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time with flexibility in working hours required.
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with two (2) years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred; OR High School Diploma/GED with four (4) years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred and one (1) year as a Fiscal Intermediary Coordinator.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, reliability in decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
- Ability to complete the Broker Training Institute (BTI) as well as Self-Advocacy/Self-Determination, Circle of Support, Introduction to Person Centered Planning and Advanced Person Centered Planning, and Self Direction Plan/Budget on the ICS Template at the first available training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: