The Licensed Practical Nurse/Assistant Nurse to Health Coordinators will assist in the provision of a wide variety of person centered supports and services with a strong emphasis on personal choice to individuals with developmental disabilities in their own health care. Actively assist the Health Coordinator with in program functions such as; special bathing, assurance medications are stored and ordered appropriately, teach provision of nutritious meals, influence and support individuals and DSP’s with nursing standards of care, i.e. bathing, repositioning, dressings as directed by the Registered Nurse (RN). Frequent presence in the Residential Program in the evening, on overnight and or weekends as necessary to support the individuals and the DSP’s. Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation.
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- Current/Valid New York State Practical Nurse License (LPN).
- One (1) year of post-licensing experience (medical/surgical nursing, nursing home, hospital, etc.).
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities and/or traumatic brain injuries preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet residents’ needs.
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Strong organization skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task. Must be detail-oriented.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adherence to Agency policies including Attendance Policy.
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, and transfer individuals/items of various weights (50 lbs minimum).
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866