The Overnight Direct Support Professional (DSP) will be part of a team providing care & companionship for people with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities in a Residential Setting during overnight hours. The DSP will implement each individual’s personal plan of care, supporting activities of their everyday living. The DSP will assist each person in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. The DSP will demonstrate a professional demeanor through the adoption and implementation of the DSP Core Competencies and Code of Ethics. Each DSP role is unique, because we match interests to find the best fit for the people we serve. No experience is necessary, and all required trainings are provided.
Location: Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, South Glens Falls, Gansevoort, and the Galway areas
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading and Math skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: