The Recreation Support Professional will be providing care & companionship for people with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities in the Recreation Programs. The Support Professional will help individuals to develop skills, habits, and attitudes essential for successful community integration while providing respite to the primary care and support providers. The Recreation Support Professional will assure compliance with established Protective Oversight Plans and ensure the provision of quality person-centered services.
Program: Community Services
Location: Saratoga Springs and Fort Edward
Type: Non-Exempt, Per Diem – must have flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and services are being met.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Lifting/Transferring – People and/or items of various weights. Ability to bend reach, push, pull, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – ability to exhibit and maintain a professional, kind, courteous, and patient manner at all times.
- Reading, Math, and Computer skills at a level to perform job duties – read and implement physician orders, give medications as ordered, prepare recipes, read program documentation, document information, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Exposure – Ability to safely use household chemicals.
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866