The Registered Nurse (RN) – Health Coordinator will effectively and efficiently provide the management and coordination of comprehensive health care services for people served by AIM Services, Inc.; monitor health status (prevention, detection, etc.). The RN – Health Coordinator will participate as an active team member, providing information, documentation, and collaboration with other team members.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate continuity of care in regard to physical, emotional, and safety needs of the individuals we support and make recommendations accordingly to ensure our individuals get the most comprehensive person-centered medical care.
- Serve as a medical liaison to families, medical providers and staff regarding the medical concerns of the individuals we support.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary care teams
- Develop, review and update individual’s written plan of care. Keeps up-to-date progress notes.
- Provide supervision and training AMAP staff in aspects of medication administration and documentations.
- Advocate appropriately and professionally on behalf of all individuals.
This position allows for flexibility. There is an on-call commitment.
AIM RN Health Care Coordinators are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals, forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals and offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License
- One (1) year of experience in medical/surgical nursing.
- One (1) year of experience in the provision of services to people with Intellectual Disabilities and/or Developmental Disabilities preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule to support the individual(s) and/or DSP with a health-oriented issue.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency insurance standards is preferred. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if you use your own vehicle.
- Strong organization skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task. Must be detail-oriented.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adherence to Agency policies including Attendance Policy.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: