The Residential Manager will manage and ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of his/her assigned program, while promoting each person’s power of potential. The Residential Manager will ensure staff assist each person in achieving their personal goals while promoting a sense of self-confidence, independence and well-being. The Residential Manager will support and supervise Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in assigned programs. The Residential Manager will also provide training, evaluations, and residential habilitation program implementation within the Residential Setting, and ensure documentation is completed and service provisions have been met.
Location: Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a professional field of study, including: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology, Recreation Services (including dance, art, music, or physical education), Dietetic Services, Human Services (including psychology, sociology, rehab counseling, education).
- Three (3) years’ experience working in the field of Intellectual Disabilities and/or Developmental Disabilities, or related field.
- One (1) year Managerial experience required.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency insurance standards (Current/ Valid Insurance card if using own vehicle).
- Willingness to maintain a flexible 40 hour work week.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, reliability in decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided) – Ability to perform SCIP techniques and maintain certification at all times.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: