The Residential Manager will manage and ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of his/her assigned program, while promoting each person’s power of potential. The Residential Manager will ensure staff assist each person in achieving their personal goals while promoting a sense of self-confidence, independence and well-being. The Residential Manager will support and supervise Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in assigned programs. The Residential Manager will also provide training, evaluations, and residential habilitation program implementation within the Residential Setting, and ensure documentation is completed and service provisions have been met.
Location: Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a professional field of study, including: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology, Recreation Services (including dance, art, music, or physical education), Dietetic Services, Human Services (including psychology, sociology, rehab counseling, education).
- Three (3) years experience working in the field of Intellectual Disabilities / Developmental Disabilities, or related field.
- One (1) year Managerial experience required.
- Knowledge of program specific Regulations.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible 40 hour work week.
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification (training is provided).
- Ability to obtain Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training is provided).
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training is provided).
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to Agency insurance standards (Current/ Valid Insurance card if using own vehicle).
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliable decision making with demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task. Detail oriented.
- Well developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and deal with sensitive issues.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: