The Self Direction Coordinator – Fiscal Intermediary (FI) will be responsible for setting up an individual financial account for each participant based on the approved Self Direction Plan/Budget. The FI will be responsible for scheduling and conducting the Self Direction participant’s launch meeting to review the supports and services authorized by the Self Direction Plan/Budget. This is also an opportunity for the Self Direction participant and his/her Circle of Support to understand the role of the FI in implementing the approved Self Direction Plan/Budget.
The FI will explain all fiscal procedures and required waiver documentation to the participant; such as the hiring and training of staff. Provide the Self Direction participant with copies of all written policies and procedures. The FI will maintain documents for each Self Direction participant including, but not limited to, a current signed ISP identifying the FI as the Self Direction provider of service, a current signed Self Direction Plan, invoices, time sheets and Self Direction Monthly Summary Notes.
Program: Self Direction
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time with flexibility in working hours required.
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with two (2) years experience working with individuals with disabilities; OR High School Diploma/GED with four (4) years experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, reliability in decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- Program-specific Training (provided)
- Ability to complete the Broker Training Institute (BTI) as well as Self-Advocacy/Self-Determination, Circle of Support, Introduction to Person Centered Planning and Advanced Person Centered Planning, and Self Direction Plan/Budget on the ICS Template at the first available training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866