The Self-Direction Supports Coordinator (SDSC) will assist Self-Direction participants as needed to access all supports and services identified in their Self-Direction Plan.
The SDSC will be responsible for routine outreach, education opportunities and developing new initiatives to meet the changing needs of the people we support. The SDSC will provide outreach to anyone not accessing their budget consistently to triage issues that might be inhibiting usage. They will offer personalized solutions to any identified barriers such as such as reimbursement submission, introducing vendors accepting direct payments, reviewing the staff pool list, etc. The Self Direction Supports Coordinator will explain all fiscal procedures and required waiver documentation to the team as needed.
The Self-Direction Supports Coordinator will provide a variety of ongoing supports to ensure the successful, person-centered implementation of each person’s Self Direction budget.
Program: Self Direction
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Non-exempt, flexibility of schedule required to ensure participant care and program implementation.
- Must obtain and maintain Office for People with Developmental Disability (OPWDD) Start Up/Support Broker Authorization.
- Must maintain 12 hours of professional development annually.
- Associate degree in a Human Services Related Field with two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred; OR High School Diploma/GED with four (4) years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Program specific training (provided).
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: