The AIM Services’ After School Program is a Waiver Service available to individuals with developmental disabilities in grades K-12. The program is open Monday-Friday from 2:00pm-5:00pm, during the academic school year. All families must pick up their child by 5:00pm. The afterschool program follows the calendar of the Ballston Spa School District, but we do accept outside of that district if able to.
Staff may assist with transporting participants from their school to the Malta location. The Ballston Spa school district will provide transportation directly to the site for children in that district. Transportation is not provided on half days; we can arrange a drop off time at our Malta location on half days. A calendar of closure dates will be sent out via email. In the event of a closure due to inclement weather an email will be sent.
The program offers a variety of activities such as a playground, music exploration, art classes, sports programs and more. Activities are coordinated with the consideration of each participant’s interests.
Please complete the following application for AIM’s After School program.
Before you begin, please be sure to have the following information ready:
- Emergency contact information
- Medicaid number
- Other Insurance information (if applicable)
- Diagnosis, allergies and medications
- Care Manager contact information
- Self Direction Support Broker and Fiscal Intermediary contact information (if applicable)
- Participants interests and fears
- Participants medical or dietary precautions, and adaptive equipment needs (including for transportation)
Please contact your Care Manager and have them submit the following paperwork to AMarion@aimservicesinc.org:
- 2 most current Life Plans
- Service Authorization (NOD.9)
- HCBS Waiver (NOD.1)
- OPWDD Determination of Eligibility
- Current Level of Care Eligibility of Determination (LCED)
- Consent/Authorization Forms Signed or Declined
- School year calendar that includes your child’s school closure dates
Please note, once your application and paperwork is received, the participant will begin After School on a trial basis.
If you have any questions, please contact Audrey Marion at AMarion@aimservicesinc.org