To provide Respite services necessary to assist the individuals AIM provides services to; to live successfully in the community. To help the individuals develop those skills, habits, and attitudes essential for successful community integration while providing respite to the primary care and support providers. To ensure the provision of quality person centered services.
To implement the goals as written in the Enhanced Respite Plan, documenting the individual's current status in each goal area.
To engage the individual in recreational and leisure time activities.
To participate in ongoing team meetings that occur as well as Individualized Service Plan (ISP) meetings.
To assure the continuous overall safety of the individual and environment.
To adhere to accepted practices and standards of AIM and in the field of developmental disabilities.
Implement/supervise/document action plan for recreational and leisure time activities with the individual, and as applicable, behavior guidelines.
To attend and demonstrate competency in all required in-service training.
To attend all on-going and enhanced trainings offered on an as needed basis
To have a working knowledge of emergency procedure, including incident reporting, as outlined by AIM and the primary care provider.
To provide and record receipts for expenditures and adhere to procedures regarding agency/individual monies.
Enhance and promote social interactions and community participation.
Relate to individual with respect and dignity, providing a positive example/role model.
To accompany and coordinate for the transportation of the individual as applicable.
Work only those hours authorized by the agency.
To coordinate and implement the activities of the Community Recreation program, including the development of volunteer sites and recreational activities.
Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and services are being met.
- High school diploma, appropriate education/experience considered. Associates degree in a health or human service field preferred.
- 1 year’s practical experience working with people with disabilities.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, agency/individual specific training to provide appropriate services.
- Effective, positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making.
- Flexibility of schedule to meet job duties/individual needs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the participant’s personal goals, preferences, and needs.
- Valid NYS Drivers License
- Lifting/transferring – individuals/items of various weights – must be able to lift a minimum of 50
- Interactions with individuals/families receiving services may include bending, reaching, pushing,
lifting/transferring, pulling, physical intervention.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites in the provision/coordination of services.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the person outcomes of individuals served.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the above-listed positions and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to: