This is a program of services designed to support you or your loved one to live a life of greater independence, enhance social opportunities and community involvement, and have good overall health and well being while avoiding nursing home placement.
What Services Can You Receive?
There are a wide variety of services you can receive under the NHTD Waiver. Please contact us to support you in selecting the right ones. Some of the most common services include:
- Service Coordination
- Independent Living Skills Training (ILST) – Training to improve and maintain your ability to live as independently as possibly by focusing on fundamental living skills such as money management, completing tasks, growing interpersonal and sensory/motor skills, personal grooming, and maintaining a household.
- Personal Care Assistance – Assistance with activities of everyday living such as cooking a meal, bathing, and getting dressed.
- Day Program – A group program in the community designed to maintain social skills and support building a wide variety of new skills such as computer training.
- Assistive Technology – Equipment that will improve independence such as life alert, a new wheelchair, prosthetics, a pill dispenser, or computer software.
- Community Integration Counseling (CIC) – Counseling to assist with changes to abilities and skills, amending long term expectations, and changes in your social roles such as with significant others.
- Environmental Modifications – Modifications to your home such as adding an entrance ramp, or accessible shower.
To be eligible for the Nursing Home Transition Diversion (NHTD) waiver, you or your loved one must:
- Have a Department of Health (DOH) Service Coordinator.
- Be age 65 or older, or between the ages of 18-64 with a physical disability.
- Be a recipient of Medicaid coverage that supports community-based long-term care services.
- Be able to identify the actual location and living arrangements in which you or your loved one will be living.
- Be determined eligible for a nursing home level of care (Your DOH Service Coordinator will assist with completing the assessment).
If you are interested in Nursing Home Transition Diversion (NHTD) Waiver with AIM Services, Inc., please contact Diane Hall, Department of Health Supervisor directly at (518) 450-2889 or email@example.com for further information and guidance regarding this process and what information will be required.