The Assistant Director of Residential will provide supervision, direction and support to AIM’s Residential Settings., and will collaborate on a regular basis with appropriate team members, ensuring a person-centered approach is applied to the implementation of plans, programs, and activities for each individual.
The Assistant Director will collaborate with the Director of Residential Services to ensure appropriate management of the residential settings, while serving as a direct line of communication between the Director of Residential Services and the Residential Managers. The AD of Residential will work in a collaborative manner with the Residential Managers to assure effective and efficient staffing in conjunction with the needs of the programs, master schedules and budgetary constraints. Hold a weekly meeting with Residential Managers to coordinate staffing for assigned programs and to resolve any additional needs. The Assistant Director will ensure that DSPs are cross trained for programs within the Director’s assigned group.
The Assistant Director will serve as a presence in the homes and apartments via, at minimum, weekly program visits and observations to assure appropriate oversight, and will
The Assistant Director of Residential will ensure compliance and quality assurance in all applicable regulations, standards, codes, and policies; including auditing all required paperwork.
Location: Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties (Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, South Glens Falls, Queensbury, Mechanicville, Gansevoort, and Galway)
- Five (5) years experience working in the field of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
- Three (3) years Managerial/supervisory experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED (Appropriate background and experience considered)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) Certification (training provided)
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Certification (training provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: