The Department of Health (DOH) Service Coordinator will assist the prospective participant to become a waiver participant and coordinate and monitor the provision of all services in the Service Plan for the Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver and the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver. Services may include but are not limited to Medicaid State Plan services, non-Medicaid federal, state and locally funded services, as well as educational, vocational, social, and medical services. The goal is to increase the participant’s independence, productivity and integration into the community while maintaining the health and welfare of the individual.
Program: Department of Health
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, flexibility in hours required to meet job duties/individual needs.
ONE (1) of the Following;
- Master’s in Social Worker;
- Master’s or Doctorate in Psychology;
- Registered Physical Therapist;
- Professional Registered Nurse;
- Certified Special Education Teacher;
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor;
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist;
- Registered Occupational Therapist;
- Must have, at a minimum, one (1) year of experience providing Service Coordination and information, linkages and referrals regarding community-based services for individuals with disabilities;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health or Human Services field and two (2) years of experience providing Service Coordination, information, linkages and referrals regarding community-based services for individuals with disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Ability to maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using own vehicle.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness with a keen focus on quality.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, demonstrate critical thinking skills, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: