The Department of Health (DOH) Service Coordinator will assist the prospective participant to become a waiver participant and coordinate and monitor the provision of all services in the Service Plan for the Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver and the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver. Services may include but are not limited to Medicaid State Plan services, non-Medicaid federal, state and locally funded services, as well as educational, vocational, social, and medical services. The goal is to increase the participant’s independence, productivity and integration into the community while maintaining the health and welfare of the individual.
Program: Department of Health
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, flexibility in hours required to meet job duties/individual needs.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Individual with a Doctorate or Master of Social Work;
- Individual with a Doctorate or Master of Psychology;
- Individual with a Master of Gerontology;
- Physical Therapist (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Registered Professional Nurse (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Certified Teacher of Students with Disabilities (Certified by the NYS Education Department);
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (Certified by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certification);
- Licensed Speech Pathologist (Licensed by the NYS Education Department); or
- Occupational Therapist (Licensed by the NYS Education Department); AND
Must have, at a minimum, one (1) year of experience providing case management/service coordination and information, linkages and referrals regarding community-based services for individuals with disabilities and/or seniors;
Individual with a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience providing case management/service coordination, information, l-Participation in the appropriate, approved training curriculum in service coordination.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Ability to maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using own vehicle.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness with a keen focus on quality.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, demonstrate critical thinking skills, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of people receiving services.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: