The Human Resources (HR) Assistant will effectively, efficiently and confidentially assist with the daily operation of the Human Resources Department by providing both administrative and clerical support. The Human Resources Assistant will ensure compliance with laws, policies and procedures. The HR Assistant is responsible for the oversight and processing of New Hires, maintenance of employee records, employee relations and other Human Resources functions.
- To use the Paylocity systems in accordance with State and Federal laws.
- To perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assist in entering applicant data into applicant tracking system and scan/file application/resume as needed.
- Assist in adding New Hires into on-boarding system, ensuring accuracy.
- Responds timely to employment verification requests, following agency guidelines.
- Assists in the administration of the compensation, benefit and wellness programs of the Agency.
- Complete staff annual evaluations for Self Direction; track and scan/file Evaluations for the Agency in Paylocity.
- Send out and track all staff annual training [Self Direction].
- Pull all information in a timely manner for internal and external audits and investigations, ensuring information is only given to the appropriate person and returned.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Assists the Human Resources department with required mailings, including tracking any items returned with signature.
- Assist the Human Resources department with the processing of new applicants (i.e. SEL, Medicaid Exclusion, Social Media and Reference checks)
- Types and sends correspondence as necessary, accurately and timely.
- Assists in the audit of HR files when requested, accurately and timely, maintaining audit logs and reporting findings to department Director.
- Assist HR Department with other various task and duties as needed.
- Ensures filing is done accurately and timely.
- Front Desk coverage as requested.
- Any and all other related duties as assigned/requested by supervisor.
Program: Human Resources
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Non-Exempt. Full-Time
How To Get Started
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum one (1) year of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of Administrative experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- Well developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive Human Resource (HR) issues.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) including the desire to ask questions and learn from co-workers.
- Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail: is able to read and interpret written information, edits work for spelling and grammar, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while monitoring own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Meet all background check requirements.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Use of computer, and/or writing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Bending, reaching, pushing, pulling in the course of filing.
- Adherence to Agency policies including attendance policy.