The Program Director of Staff Development will assume responsibility for all training and staff development, and will develop a cohesive team that will provide training on quality supports for the people served by AIM. The Program Director will be a change agent, building a staff of person-centered professionals that can work together to support each person in achieving their dreams and reaching their “Power of Potential”. They will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all training, orienting new hires to AIM Services Inc. and their specific position, assuring professional training, certification and retraining [Staff Development] is provided for all AIM Services Inc. employees. The Program Director of Staff Development will also assume oversight and coordination of mentoring programs for new staff, and develop training according to the needs of the organization and in concert with Council on Quality & Leadership (CQL).
Program: Staff Development
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY with some travel through Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties.
Type: Full-time (40 hours per week with flexibility required.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years working in the field of developmental disabilities.
- Three (3) years managerial/supervisory experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred.
- Previous staff training experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize, multi-task and act as a facilitator.
- Well developed team skills, integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive issues.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Knowledge of program specific (IRA, Supported Apartments, Supported Employment, Day Habilitation, etc.) regulations.
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP-R) Certification, CPR/First Aid Certifications. SCIP-R Instructor certification preferred.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards preferred. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if you use your own vehicle.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications:
Please forward an employment application and/or your resume with position applied for notated to:
AIM Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4227 Route 50
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866