The Quality Assurance Coordinator and Principal Investigator will conduct, document, summarize and present audits and investigations, while adhering to the mission of the organization. The Quality Assurance Coordinator and Principal Investigator will work towards the common goal of improving services for all people served by AIM, and will ensure a person-centered approach as applied to all facets of quality and compliance.
Program: Quality Assurance
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Type: Non-Exempt. Full-Time
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) preferred.
- Three (3) years experience working with people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Trained Investigator with a minimum of one (1) year conducting investigations in an OPWDD setting preferred.
- Experience in Self Direction, as an Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC), or as a Residential Manager preferred.
- Knowledge of New York State and OPWDD regulations including NYCRR 14 Part 624, 625, & 633 The Justice Center, and quality assurance and compliance practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate both critical thinking skills and reliability in decision making.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle sensitive issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, IRMA, Therap, and web-based platforms.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Meet all background check requirements.
- Sitting and/or computer use for an extended period of time.
- Bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling as needed in the workplace. Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the desired outcomes of the individuals served, while adhering to agency standards and policies, as well as state regulations.
- Maintain training and certification in all required areas.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or demanding situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for the above-listed position and meet the minimum qualifications: