AIM Services, Inc. is always looking for initiatives to better support the “power of potential” and improve the lives of those we serve, and that is why we have chosen to focus efforts on enhancing Respite services. By providing an individualized approach to traditional Respite services, a meaningful experience for both the person and their families will be developed.
What is Respite?
Respite Services are waiver services that provide temporary relief for families or other caregivers of people with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
Respite is available 24/7, and the intent is to allow families time for errands, appointments, vacations, and other planned activities.
Current Approaches to Respite Care
Some current approaches to respite services do not provide a meaningful experience for the individual. Often respite services are not personalized; staff is properly trained in quality care, but they do not have full knowledge of the person and their interests or behaviors. At times when returned to his or her family, the person may be stressed, may have regressed, or may not have been able to participate in the respite program for the full length of time.
How is AIM Enhanced Respite Services different?
- In-depth assessments: an intensive evaluation of each individual to study every aspect of their services; from home-based, to school, to clinical and behavioral interventions.
- Clinical and Behavioral components: the knowledge gained from the assessment will then be transformed into a service plan tailored to each person and the support they need.
- Personalized measurable criteria: through the custom-designed service plan, overarching valued outcomes will be established to promote a positive and growing experience for the person connected to the current service plan from other programs.
- Overarching valued outcomes: each person’s program will be reviewed regularly and overtime will evolve to ensure the needs of the person and their families are always being met as desires change and additional skills are acquired.
- Highly trained staff: staff will receive global training to include varied diagnosis, behavioral supports, and clinical needs. In addition, they will receive training based on the diagnosis, needs, abilities, and assessment of the specific person they will be supporting.
AIM Services, Inc. has been providing services for over 35 years to people with developmental disabilities and other challenges. Our agency provides services for over 800 people throughout Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties. Our core mission revolves around a person-centered planning approach; assisting the people we serve to meet their own “power of potential.” Sometimes the most meaningful thing you can do is help someone experience a tangible goal or dream; that’s what we do. We believe Enhanced Respite will truly assist each individual in attaining his or her own “power of potential.”
Do you know someone who could benefit from Enhanced Respite? To learn more, visit our Enhanced Respite page.